Get your meetings on time, on track, on purpose.
- Do your meetings start late and/or run over time?
- Are people unprepared when they attend your meetings?
- Do your meetings get derailed or go off topic frequently?
- Do people leave your meetings unsure of the next steps?
- Do you have problems getting alignment from meeting participants?
- Do you struggle to get participants to complete their assigned actions?
- Do you have unclear objectives going into your meetings?
- Do you fail to create summaries, notes, or reports after meetings?
- Do you neglect to evaluate whether your meetings are effective?
- Do you lack an organized system or structure for running meetings?
WorkingSm@rt in Meetings will help you avoid these challenges.
AT A GLANCE
Workgroups and teams including managers, technical and sales professionals, supervisors, administrators and project leaders who currently conduct or attend meetings.
- 1 x 4-hours, instructor-led online session
- Comprehensive Learning Guide and Resource Manual
- Subscription to our monthly LearningLink e-newsletter
Leading Productive Online Meetings
- Apply a proven planning process to meetings
- Design an effective agenda to increase accountability
- Run a meeting with a Bias for Action
- Know precisely how to prepare to attend a meeting
- Know how to keep a meeting on track
- Avoid the common pitfalls that create ‘meeting maddeners’
- Use a quick yet effective process for evaluating meetings
What You Will Learn
The Four Phases
The course teaches the four fundamental phases of a meeting: pre-meeting, constructing the agenda, during the meeting, and after the meeting. Following this structure leads to high ROI.
You’ll learn how to prepare effectively for a meeting whether you are the chairperson or a participant. This includes having clear objectives and an organized agenda.
Constructing the Agenda
The course covers how to construct an effective agenda with four key areas: objective, agenda items linked to objective, timing, and assigned ownership. This keeps meetings on time, on track, and on purpose.
Mastering Meeting Execution
You’ll learn how to master executing a meeting by turning it into an effective two-way communication vehicle. This ensures alignment among participants and a bias toward action on the agreed next steps.
- Hands-on Instructor-led Sessions: 1 x 4-hours, instructor-led online session
- Comprehensive Learning Guide and Resource Manual: Individual Virtual Learning Guide with training content to refer to, whenever you want.
- Ongoing support: WorkingSm@rt Helpdesk, no matter where you work.
- LearningLink: Our monthly productivity e-newsletter to keep you updated.
What our Graduates say about this course
We can deliver in English, French, German, Dutch, Japanese, Mandarin & Turkish.Cosmetics
Really step back and think why we have a meeting, set agenda and follow-up.Pharmaceutical
Covers many important topics to consider for running effective meetings.Pharmaceutical
Re-setting the standards and expectations for meetings - game changing!Government Department
Making Meetings Work
- Lead meetings with greater confidence & involve everyone
- Achieve meeting outcomes
- Recognise when meetings are not the solution
- Spend less time in meetings
- On track and on time meetings
- Different personalities recognised and managed
- Well-designed agendas bring clarity, timing and focus
- Participants more likely to arrive prepared and on time
- Decisions made more easily and circulated immediately
- Planning & administration simplified. Option to use OneNote