Transform Data into Insights through Compelling Visual Stories
- Do you battle with too much raw data trying to make sense of key insights?
- Are you having difficulties highlighting patterns, trends and takeaways?
- Do you end up with overwhelming reports, and slides over filled with info?
- Are you struggling to summarize data into dashboards?
- Do you have challenges designing impactful charts to demonstrate findings?
If so, then the Data Visualisation with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint course will help you.
AT A GLANCE
This course is designed for people who present technical or financial information using a combination of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Ideally, students should have attended the Excel Level 1 Foundation course.
- 1 day, instructor-led web-based virtual classroom sessions
- Comprehensive Learning Guide and Resource Manual
- Subscription to our monthly LearningLink e-newsletter
Take a Systematic Approach to Data Visualisation
- Enhance data visualisation skills to communicate insights from data using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Improve presentation skills to persuade and engage audiences.
- Optimise Excel analysis to interactively analyse, summarise and highlight valuable insights in Excel.
- Systematically assess communication to meet audience needs and perspectives.
- Boost confidence presenting data by acquiring strategies to prepare thoroughly to answer audience questions and reduce stress when presenting.
What you will learn
Enhance data visualisation skills
Learn to create effective charts, graphs, tables, dashboards, and other visuals to communicate insights from data using Excel and PowerPoint.
Improve presentation skills
Master techniques for designing visually-appealing slides with graphics, animations and transitions in PowerPoint to persuade and engage audiences.
Optimise Excel analysis
Utilize tools like PivotTables, PivotCharts, conditional formatting, filtering and Sparklines to interactively analyse, summarize and highlight valuable insights in Excel.
Boost confidence presenting data
Acquire strategies to prepare thoroughly to answer audience questions and reduce stress when presenting by using Presenter View and linking slides.
The course is aimed at Intermediate users of Excel and PowerPoint who want to take a systematic approach to Data Visualisation and help identify areas for further study and practice. It covers a wide range of tools and techniques such as quick features in Excel, charts, conditional formatting, pivot table/charts and dashboards.
Selecting & Enhancing charts
- Selecting the appropriate chart
- Optimising the axis
- Displaying a secondary axis
- How to create smart looking charts
- Using Effective Titles
- Flash Fill
- Quick Analysis
- Copy and Paste
- Using Sparklines
Using conditional formatting
- Highlight-Cell rules
- Top/Bottom rules
- Data Bars
- Colour Scales
- Icon Sets
- Manually adding your rules
Tables and Pivot Tables
- Designing and formatting tables
- Filtering Data
- Using Slicers
- Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
MS EXCEL cont.
- Guidelines for Dashboard Design
- Using KPIs
- Extracting the key data
- Signpost to further development
- What questions does your data answer?
- Be clear on the Presentation Perspective
- Using Kiplings W1H to anticipate and prepare for questions
- How data is understood in organisations and potential pitfalls
- Work on selecting the right visuals
- Be skilled in using all of PowerPoints Communication Tools
- Apply the principles of good design to your slides
- Insert and format graphics
- Using SmartArt and shapes
Animations and Transitions
- Use appropriate animations to enhance presentations
- How to get the best out of the animation pane
- Use appealing transitions to create momentum and interest
Presenting the Data
- How to take the stress out of presenting
- Persuading the audience
- The benefits and drawbacks of using Presenter View
- Creating a Notes Page
- Linking to Excel
- Slidedocs and their uses
This technical training course is made available to you through our strategic partnership with “Professional Training Solutions Limited”. Thanks to this partnership we can deliver top-notch technical training for both beginners and experts.
Our technical training programs are tailored to help you keep up with the dynamic business environment through state-of-the-art training and continuous support. With our training, you can rest assured that your business is current and efficient.