AT A GLANCE
Anyone, novice or veteran, who manages, supports or initiates projects
- 2 x 3.5 hours, instructor-led online session
- Individual follow up coaching
- Comprehensive Learning Guide and Resource Manual
- Subscription to our monthly LearningLink e-newsletter
Planning Projects Breakthroughs
- Develop a complete and comprehensive Objective Statement; the foundation of a successful project
- Create a detailed Execution Plan using a unique process called Objective Driven Logic, applied to a Time-Scaled Dependency Chart
- Apply a simple, yet powerful method to resolve complex resource constraints
- Calculate a detailed Budget and Cash Requirement Projection
- Integrate contingency planning through “Scenario Estimating”
- Determine where and when to best apply project management software
- Bring final closure to the project through the application of a 3-level review process
What You Will Learn
Behaving as a Team
Assess the current strengths of each team’s essential skills. Learn how team players need to behave to deliver shared goals on time.
Business Processes apply the WorkingSm@rt Best Practices i.e. why and when to use the MS Teams functions.
Guidance on 365 Apps
Guidance is given on which to use to help teams sidestep duplication of work, missed information or continuous distractions.
Have clear IT Guidelines for MS Teams to avoid unintentional misuse, or even bewilderment.
- Hands-on Instructor-led Sessions: 2 x 3.5 hours, instructor-led online session
- Individual follow up coaching
- Planning Kits: Laminated wall charts and ‘Task-Its’.
- Comprehensive Learning Guide and Resource Manual: Individual Virtual Learning Guide with training content to refer to, whenever you want.
- Ongoing support: WorkingSm@rt Helpdesk, no matter where you work.
- LearningLink: Our monthly productivity e-newsletter to keep you updated.
- Genesis: In this unit you will learn to lay a solid foundation for the project
- Design: We will show you the design framework and the importance of performance criteria
- Execution Planning: You will learn how to create a project execution plan
- Execution: You will learn how to manage the project plan including changes
- Review: We will show you how to learn from the experiences
- Supplements: Additional Tools and Techniques: In this section we have compiled additional tools and techniques to use in planning and managing projects, starting with a Project Survival Guide
What our Graduates say about this course
After 25 years in the project management field and having undertaken many courses and qualifications, I can confidently state that PPB is the most useful course I have taken. The course focuses on the most important part of any project, getting it off the ground. It has fundamentally changed how I plan and initiate projects using a set of tangible tools and techniques that are implementable irrespective of the size or complexity of the project. It is rare that a course can deliver real change in how you manage something you have done for many years and PPB has successfully achieved this for me. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to develop their PM skillset.John BurkeProject Director
Really step back and think why we have a meeting, set agenda and follow-up.Pharmaceutical
Covers many important topics to consider for running effective meetings.Pharmaceutical
Re-setting the standards and expectations for meetings - game changing!Government Department
Making Teams Work
- Lack of User Input
- Changing Requirements
- Lack of Resources
- Unclear Objectives
- Unrealistic Time Frames
- Project Foundations – developing objective statements
- Clarifying the Design Features and Performance Criteria
- Creating & preparing detailed Execution Plans
- Reviewing projects afterwards at 3-levels
- Involving the whole Team to share expertise and gain commitment
- Using highly visible tools that take the complexity out of planning