Critical Excel modelling and analysis skills that can inform business strategy and planning
- Do you struggle to accurately link and integrate your different financial statements in Excel for a complete picture?
- Are your Excel models prone to frustrating errors you can’t seem to troubleshoot or control?
- Can you efficiently handle complex scenario planning and sensitivity analysis in your Excel financial models?
- Are you unable to glean helpful insights from your Excel models for data-driven decision making and planning?
- Is creating easy-to-understand Executive reports and dashboards from Excel more difficult than it should be?
- Do you lack a streamlined Excel forecasting/modelling methodology that’s scalable?
If so, then the Introduction to Financial Modelling and Analysis with Excel course will help you.
AT A GLANCE
This course is for business professionals with Level 2 – intermediate Excel skills or equivalent who want to advance their financial analysis abilities, particularly those in financial planning, business partnering, or related fields.
- 1 day, instructor-led web-based virtual classroom sessions
- Comprehensive Learning Guide and Resource Manual
- Subscription to our monthly LearningLink e-newsletter
Master Financial Modelling - Build models from scratch and generate key insights
- Build financial models from scratch in Excel
- Create integrated Excel models connecting the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Generate key reports and KPIs from your models
- Run scenario analysis using Excel’s Scenario Manager and Pivot Tables
- Advance your Excel skills to get more value in financial analysis and planning roles.
What you will learn
Build Integrated Models
Construct financial models from scratch in Excel by linking income statement, balance sheet and cash flow projections to provide an integrated view of business performance.
Generate Analysis and Insights
Produce summaries, KPIs, reports and visualizations that generate valuable insights to drive planning and decisions based on the integrated models.
Conduct Scenario Testing
Stress test the financial models and assumptions using Excel’s Scenario Manager to analyse different versions and inform business strategy.
Advance Excel Skills
Significantly improve Excel skills and techniques specifically related to business analyses like financial modelling, planning, forecasting and valuation.
Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to build robust and integrated financial models in Excel from scratch, using best practices in structure, formulas, and layout to create error-free models.
- Model Design and Pitfalls
- Key variables and rules
- End result of the model
- The layout in designing an error-free financial models
Building the Model
- Cost of Sales
- Fixed Assets
- Working Capital
- Full master model available for download
- Key report generation ( P & L, balance sheet, cash flow) from linked sheets.
- Compilation of operational KPIs including graphical representation where appropriate.
- Key reporting dashboard.
- The use of Scenario Manager
- Scenario reporting from model built per above.
- Adding, editing and deleting scenarios;
- Scenario reporting via Pivot Tables and worksheets.
This technical training course is made available to you through our strategic partnership with “Professional Training Solutions Limited”. Thanks to this partnership we can deliver top-notch technical training for both beginners and experts.
Our technical training programs are tailored to help you keep up with the dynamic business environment through state-of-the-art training and continuous support. With our training, you can rest assured that your business is current and efficient.