Format, polish, perfect - Word skills to make your documents stand out.
Do you find it difficult to keep your documents consistently formatted?
Are you frustrated by having to manually reformat elements like headings each time?
Do you struggle with getting alignment and indents right in your documents?
Is incorrectly formatted text holding back the polish of your Word documents?
Do you find inserting images or charts is confusing and tricky in Word?
Are you overwhelmed trying to sort or customize bulleted and numbered lists?
Does formatting tables seem complicated and temperamental?
Do you wish you could more easily create professional headers and footers?
If so, then the Microsoft Office Word – Foundation course will help you.
AT A GLANCE
This course is aimed at Windows computer users looking to learn introductory Word formatting and document creation skills, with no prior Word experience assumed. The focus is on fundamental Word knowledge and productivity skills for end users.
- 1 day, instructor-led web-based virtual classroom sessions
- Comprehensive Learning Guide
- Subscription to our monthly LearningLink e-newsletter
Learn to Format, Design, and Polish Professional Documents
- Format text and paragraphs in Word documents
- Work efficiently with tools like Styles, Find & Replace, and Format Painter
- Create and format tables
- Insert graphics like symbols, photos, and charts
- Design page layout with headers/footers, page borders, watermarks, etc..
What you will learn
Apply formatting to text, paragraphs, tabs, indents, bulleted lists, numbered lists, and more. Rapidly format lists using styles.
Work more efficiently using Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles. Use Styles for consistent formatting. Customise and sort lists faster.
Visual Design Enhancements
Make documents stand out by adding tables, images, symbols, headers, footers, page borders, watermarks and more.
Core Word Document Abilities
Learn to edit, navigate, save, print, check spelling/grammar, readability, accessibility in documents. Save Word files in multiple formats.
In this course, you will learn fundamental Microsoft Word skills.
Getting Started with Word
- Navigate in Microsoft Word
- Create and Save Word Documents
- Manage Your Workspace
- Edit Documents
- Preview and Print Documents
- Customise the Word Environment
Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Apply Character Formatting
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
- Apply Borders and Shading
Working More Efficiently
- Make Repetitive Edits
- Apply Repetitive Formatting
- Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
- Sort a List
- Format a List
- Insert a Table
- Modify a Table
- Format a Table
- Convert Text to a Table
Inserting Graphic Objects
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Add Images to a Document
Controlling Page Appearance
- Apply a Page Border and Colour
- Add Headers and Footers
- Control Page Layout
- Add a Watermark
Preparing to Publish a Document
- Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
- Use Research Tools
- Check Accessibility
- Save a Document to Other Formats
This technical training course is made available to you through our strategic partnership with “Professional Training Solutions Limited”. Thanks to this partnership we can deliver top-notch technical training for both beginners and experts.
Our technical training programs are tailored to help you keep up with the dynamic business environment through state-of-the-art training and continuous support. With our training, you can rest assured that your business is current and efficient.