Power Up Productivity: Take Word to the Max
Do you struggle to collaboratively edit documents due to version control headaches and not knowing who made what changes?
Do you wrestle with keeping document format consistent when multiple people edit collaboratively?
Do you fight to keep confidential document info private when engaging in cross-functional collaboration?
Do you battle to keep up with reviewing back-and-forth changes from multiple document contributors?
Do you wrestle with keeping complex research papers, long manuals, etc. organized through multiple drafts?
If so, then the Microsoft Office Word – Advanced course will help you.
AT A GLANCE
This course is aimed at power users, collaborators, and document creators who already have intermediate skills with Word and need to unlock more complex functionality.
- 1 day, instructor-led web-based virtual classroom sessions
- Comprehensive Learning Guide
- Subscription to our monthly LearningLink e-newsletter
Take your Word Skills to the Next Level and Boost Productivity
- Learn to leverage Word’s collaboration features like co-authoring, comments, and document sharing to easily team up on docs
- Secure your Word documents through restrictions, permissions, passwords and more
- Create complex Word documents with references, footnotes, endnotes, tables of contents, and master documents
- Build forms, surveys, and questionnaires to collect data right inside Word
- Take your Word skills to an expert level with training on outlines, indexes, tracking changes, and version control
What you will learn
Collaboration Made Easy
Learn to leverage Word’s robust collaboration toolset – from co-authoring and version control to document sharing permissions – to streamline teamwork on docs.
Complex Document Mastery
Master techniques like outlines, indexes, table of contents, footnotes, and master documents to organize long or sophisticated Word documents with ease.
Security and Compliance
Lock down confidential information and track changes between versions with Word’s protection, restriction, and encryption features tailored for security-conscious departments.
Form Building Fundamentals
Quickly build custom questionnaires, intake forms, assessments and more with Word’s built-in form design tools – no database expertise required.
After completing this course, you will have mastered Word’s robust toolset for streamlining team collaboration on documents. From co-authoring capabilities to version control, you will learn workflows to help multiple people work together on docs.
Additionally, you will become adept at developing complex Word documents like research papers, manuals, or books. We will cover creating tables of contents, bibliographies, footnotes, endnotes, and master documents to organize long form projects.
Finally, you will discover how to design custom forms and data collection instruments within Word itself. From questionnaires to intake documents, this course reveals built-in tools to craft interactive information-gathering docs tied directly to your Word files.
- Modify User Information
- Share a Document
- Work with Comments
- Compare Document Changes
- Review a Document
- Merge Document Changes
- Coauthor Documents
Automatic Navigations & References
- Add Captions
- Add Cross-References
- Add Bookmarks
- Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Add Citations
- Insert a Bibliography
- Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Insert an Index
- Insert a Table of Contents
Manage Outlines and Master Documents
- Manage Outlines
- Create a Master Document
- Creating Subdocuments
Manage Security & Confidentiality
- Suppress Sensitive Information
- Hidden Text
- Remove Personal Information from a Document
- The Document Inspector Dialog Box
- Set Editing Restrictions
- Add a Digital Signature to a Document
- Restrict Document Access
Create & Manage Forms
- Create Forms
- Manipulate Forms
- Form Data Conversion
Manage Document Versions
- Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Versioning Settings
- Major vs. Minor Versions
- Accessing Documents Directly from a SharePoint Site
- Begin Working with Document Versions
- Compare Document Versions
- Merge Document Versions
This technical training course is made available to you through our strategic partnership with “Professional Training Solutions Limited”. Thanks to this partnership we can deliver top-notch technical training for both beginners and experts.
Our technical training programs are tailored to help you keep up with the dynamic business environment through state-of-the-art training and continuous support. With our training, you can rest assured that your business is current and efficient.